Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Frugal Regripping

After viewing some of the video links you see in the right column regarding regripping a club, I decided to try it. While I started on some old clubs with cheaper grips, I eventually felt comfortable regripping better clubs. While regripping seems like something the pro shop should do for you, it's actually very easy and not very expensive, if you find a little luck and buy just enough double-sided tape and solvent. I went to Golf Galaxy and bought a combo pack of solvent and tape. I don't think it was even $10. Then I went to a local golf store (with two locations) and found a basket of $1 grips. Not necessarily used. Some where new, some had defects and others looked like they may have been taken off a club. Anyway, I was able to piece together 8 nice grips from the same maker and same style. For $18 I was able to get a better set of irons, because of the new grips. Plus I have tape and solvent left over--probably enough for at least another 8 clubs.